Tuesdays at Curley's

Welcome to PoemAlley, Stamford, Connecticut's eclectic venue for poets, poetry reading and discussion! Open to anyone living in Fairfield County and the surrounding area, we meet Tuesday nights at 7:30 pm at Curley's Diner on 62 Park Place (behind Target) . Come contribute, get something to eat, or simply listen!



Aug 4, 2011

Barnes & Noble Hosts Monday Night Open Mic Poetry Featuring PA's Ralph Nazareth

A long-standing facilitator at Tuesdays at Curley's, Ralph Nazareth will present a selection of his work as guest reader of the Open Mic Poetry program, which meets monthly adjacent to the cafe on the main floor of the Barnes & Noble bookstore (located in the Stamford Town Center), beginning at 7 p.m., August 8. Ralph is a professor of English at Nassau Community College, where he leads PeaceWork, a group committed to peace/social justice issues; for the past five years he has also instructed inmates in creative writing at Green Haven Correctional Facility.

For more information, contact:
Barnes & Noble
Stamford Town Center
100 Greyrock Place Suite H009, Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: 203-323-1248

1 comment:

  1. Really looking forward to this Ralph!

    FYI when we were talking about death and how we wish to go the other night something you said caused my pen to begin scratching...it was a bit you mentioned about death assaulting you like the wind. Anyway here is what I came up with:

    VI.

    You assaulted me like the wind,
    your approach, unguarded, smelled of rain
    but through my window the sun warmed
    the floor in patches while I stood staring
    at the sinkhole in the backyard,
    some opossum 40 years gone.
    In sock covered feet shuffling
    round from the window, I feel Mother’s
    warm hand on the back of my head
    usher me toward your great white grin
    and with my eyes alight like Christmas
    I gasp my last

    Nicholas V Miele
    Aug 2011

    ReplyDelete